 Local / Australia / 6003
Re: US dollars. Which bank should I rob?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:10:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
With the advent of e-mail verification, finally members has a clear
advantage. Or at least, that's how it seems to me.

I'd say it's more a case of "Members who post using the web form have a
clear advantage". Luckily I do most of the time 8?)

Because of this I've
decided to get my Pesos into gear and change them for some Universal(TM)
dollars.

??? Don't really see the link here. Am I missing something?

ECON 101 Exam.
You have 30mins. Answer at least ONE question. More questions may be attempted
and your grade will be the highest scoring question. All questions are of
equal value. Good luck

ANSWER
Does anyone have some US dollars lying around I can buy at a competitive rate?

Hmmm. Someone may have. I have a limited amount, but it's not Lying Around(TM)

Can anyone recommend the best bank/service/man-in-the-street to get some of
the aforementioned greenbacks from?

Try a bank at which you have an account. Most of them bump up the fee if you
don't have an A/C with them. I haven't found any cheap sources in the
street. Of course, you could always sell some Lego to an American... 8?)

Are the any up-coming financial thingys that may affect the exchange rate
that I ought know about and hence exchange before/after?

Dunno. Exchange rate relatively good right now. Relative to  couple of
months ago, anyway. Which p***es me off, having just returned from a holiday
there. It may continue up, in which caase you might wanna wait, or more
likely it'll slump again to new lows, in which case you'd be better buying
up today.

James (who's in the middle of exam cycle, can you tell?

So how did I go 8?)

ROSCO