 Local / Australia / 6017
Re: 10000 Guarded Inn (formerly 6067)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:43:17 GMT

Hi Kerry,

With the re-release of this great old collectable set, it will be interesting to

see how it affects the value of the original. I'd say most people who wanted the

6067 but could not afford it will be satisfied with the new version as I'm told
that all pieces are the same. Only the very serious collectors would shun it and

my experience is that this is a very small group worldwide and most of them
would already have a 6067 in their collection.

I bought a 6067 and a 6285 in near mint condition from a dark ages youth about
two years ago for $100 AUD and recently sold the 6067 which had been gather dust

on a table in my study for $125 US to a fellow in Hawaii.

The tudor styled parts, the 2x2 flag inn sign and the maidens hat have all been
very saught after but not anymore.

I'll be getting my friend in the US to purchase one, as well as that great new
biplane set 3451 Sopwith Camel. If you would also like a 10000 Inn, contact me
and I'll get him to order more.

I, for one, hope lego does not produce these re-released sets very often as it
is sure to devalue the sets that they are based on.

Mark H.

Kerry Raymond wrote:

What's the consensus on this re-release of the Guarded Inn? Having been well
and truly in my Dark Ages through the castle era, is this something I should
be seeking to acquire (assuming I can circumvent the logistical constraints
of getting it from S@H)?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond