 Local / Australia / 5549
Re: Brikwars for Beginners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 07:13:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
*checks rules* Um, landing craft away then. All the sizes and types of
vehicles are available at TL5. 'sides I like vehicles (they make good targets).
They also save walking.

err. that's not really that small is it? Perhaps we won't be having the
invading spaceships on the field of play...
But without my invading spaceship, how will I [deleted by welshishish
censor] my [deleted by welshishish censor] to [deleted by welshishish censor]?

I was more thinking of the Saucy Slayer (and I understand that Richard is
equally keen to have his sitting on the table too). It all depends on how
big your ship is...

James (who is trying to imagine a 2.5x3 space, how big is that?)
That's easy: It's from where I'm sitting, over to the picture of the cattle
on the wall one way, and to the window on the other. Hmmm. That may not be
much use to you.

*looks around wildly for the picture of cattle???*

How about 50% wider and 50% longer than a queen sized bed? Pretty awkward to
reach the centre.

Eeep!, hang on *checks a queen bed* They're about 2.1x2.1m That's enough
room for 8x8 plates which is plenty big enough. The crunch is a table big
enough (or gasp! the floor) and room to walk around (still required even if
we're on the floor). The field doesn't have to be 7 wide but it will have to
be at least that long. All this is academic though, either our host in
Melboring has the room or they don't.

James (who wonders about signing an ABM treaty to make the game smaller.)