 Local / Australia / 5543
Re: Brikwars for Beginners (was:Day of the ANZACs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 03:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
P.S. I've now uploaded a excel sheet with my army details on it, feel free
to check it out/copy/use for your self. Having your troops' numbers written
down will save me making them up as we go along...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/chromeknight/anzacpics/welshishish.xls

An excellent idea (pardon the pun), my wife will point out that it is just
fueling my obsessive-compulsive disorder.

*groan*

P.P.S. For the Bricktorians, this isn't the final lading list for
QueensB'day but tremble anyway...
Can I make two assumptions?

Asumpt away.

1) Anything up to TL5 is okay

You'll note that Quirk and Agent Honeybee both have lightsabres (listed as
TL5lightsabers(11). In the rulebook Lightsabres are listed as TL6 and 10
points. I've added a point to their cost and taken them in a TL5 setting.
This makes sense when you consider Honeybee is a favoured agent of
SheWhoMustBeObeyed and therefore has access to the really spiffy weapons.
Quirk gets one 'cause he stole one of Honeybee's and refuses to give it back
(and just TRY taking it off him)...
On the whole however don't go overboard getting the high-tech item, limit
them to special characters or experimental vehicles.

Yep...having a tech levl too high may result in a fleet of landing-craft,
space being used by the R.B.R.

2) There is no upper limit on the number and/or power of the troops

Not my call really. But until it's said otherwise there isn't a points
limit. I've only included the points on the sheet as an exercise. That and
it's helpful in some cases (like the vehicles) exactly what is included (air
conditioning holes to Briktorian vehicles will be provided mid-game for no
charge)

What vehicles...we did well enough in January without them :)
As to points limits...you may be forced to 'cull' some of your force,
depending on what size area we can use for the game.

As for power, there is a point at which more troops will win a contest
regardless of the superspecialness of the smaller force. My recommendation
is not to go crazy trying to tune up troops, it'll only end in frustration
remembering who is who. (A couple of troops with one or two common
modifications is fine)

Agreed...January being a good example ;)

These assumptions being correct (particularly the second one), the 7^2
Samurai of the SO SO forces should have some surprises for the Bricktorians.

Really...I think the diver-forces may need to be unleashed.

James (who isn't keen for a points limit...)

Benjamin Whytcross
[who is also in favor of no limit...providing there's room.]