 Local / Australia / 5559
5558  |  5560
Subject:
Scoping the territory (was Re: Brikwars for Beginners)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 00:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
I was more thinking of the Saucy Slayer (and I understand
that Richard is equally keen to have his sitting on the
table too). It all depends on how big your ship is...

I'm entirely relaxed guys.

I remember what fun it was to have the technic shuttle sitting on the end of
the table last time, lobbing nuclear missiles at me.  Laugh?  Mate, we were
laughing the buttons off our piratey tunics..

While the Slayer is biggish (no point denying it :-) she does have a
smallish footprint, so she doesn't actually take up much table space (a
triangle 30 studs wide and 42 studs long only).  That would probably compare
favourably with a technic shuttle wouldn't it? ;-)

How about 50% wider and 50% longer than a queen sized bed? Pretty awkward to
reach the centre.

Can't reach the centre? No problem - as long as I have weapons range across
the centre, I'm cool.

Eeep!, hang on *checks a queen bed* They're about 2.1x2.1m
That's enough room for 8x8 plates which is plenty big
enough.

Eeep? What kind of expletive is eeep?  Now I know we have to be extremely
hypersensitive to the faint of heart's difficulties with the extremities of
the English language, but eeep?  Pulease :-)

The crunch is a table big enough (or gasp! the floor) and
room to walk around (still required even if we're on the
floor).

Floor is hell on the knees, and unhelpful to combat photographers.  I'm a
late convert to tables, but (like most late converts) a zealous one...

The field doesn't have to be 7 wide but it will have to
be at least that long. All this is academic though,
either our host in Melboring has the room or they don't.

I'm more than happy to play on a postage stamp if required.  I wouldn't be
landing, but I am assured that Ahab's men can put their ordnance down on a
postage stamp from orbit, no wuckers.  I'm making no undertakings concerning
the life expectancy of the postage stamp, obviously.

James (who wonders about signing an ABM treaty to make the game smaller.)

Dunno about that.  ABM treaties just means that the star players have to
bring along even more goodies in order to overwhelm the ABM system, as well
as have their own ABM system.  But hey, I'm cool.  If this keeps up, we
won't have to fire a shot - the very fact that we haul all this stuff into
close orbit above Melboring will block out the sun and precipitate a new ice
age.

Non-violent warfare.  Maybe its a new theme even Lego could stomach - great
big starships bristling with weapons, but not intending to fire shot.  No
no, we'd never actually fire.

Really.

Not even once ;-)

Well maybe once, just to see if its all working...

Richard
Still baldly scoping the territory...