 Local / Australia / 5005
Re: Australian World Clug Magazine (was Re: Australian 2001-1 Catalog Dates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:47:15 GMT

From: "Richie Dulin" <rdulin@mailandnews.com>
In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
From the looks of this offering, either they don't have enough members to
make it worthwhile them spending a lot of effort on it, or they couldn't • be
bothered, you decide!

Any ideas on how many members there are? What's the highest membership
number issued? (mine's 000144 - you've got to admire the optimism in those
leading zeroes!)

I joined late lst year, and am number 011559.  What you don't know is how
many of these are still current.  Maybe by offering free membership they are
hoping to increase numbers, but they would need to do a lot to the offerings
to retain them after that free period.

Don't forget Australia shares with (at least) New Zealand, Hong Kong,
Singapore and Malaysia, given some of the MOC's in earlier issues.
I thought it was pretty sad that they didn't have any in this issue.

I wonder if there's any scope for an approach from our user groups to
provide content?
Wouldn't hurt to ask, I'm sure we couldn't come up with anything worse than
what they are putting out.

Martin