 Local / Australia / 4979
Re: Australian 2001-1 Catalog Dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:58:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
A couple of other notes about our catalogue...
On the page with the lego web club info, there's a paragraph that says World
Club membership is FREE if you sign up on-line..I haven't tried this yet,
though. {However I intend to try this weekend...]

I had a look for this free online sign up when the catalogue first came out,
and again last week, and again today.  I don't think it's there anywhere at
all, either that or I'm blind.  I've looked under the webclub login and the
rest of the site.  Nope.  Not a mention.

I also looked when the catalogue came out, and again today.  I found this
reference to it:

http://www.lego.com/help/faqwebclub.asp

Basically, it looks like send in for it, but it looks like US, UK, Europe
only, typical!

Just got the World Club Magzine today, and the cover letter says 'FREE
membership to the LEGO World Club for one whole year!!!!!!'.  If you are
already a member they have extended your membership by one year.

Considering the content of this issue, I think they have a cheek even giving
it away free, let alone thinking of charging for it.  It did come with some
LOM stickers and a 2001 catalogue, but that was the only highlight for me.

Martin