 Local / Australia / 4999
Re: Australian World Clug Magazine (was Re: Australian 2001-1 Catalog Dates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:46:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
Considering the content of this issue, I think they have a cheek even giving
it away free, let alone thinking of charging for it.  It did come with some
LOM stickers and a 2001 catalogue, but that was the only highlight for me.
"The worst issue ever" perhaps?

I haven't seen many, but it was pretty pointless.  I am glad I didn't pay to
join.  What I liked was the cover letter describing it as 'the first awesome
issue for 2001', if the rest are just as 'awesome' as this one, don't bother!

But it was Awesome!... Awesomely dissapointing! Useful as toilet paper if
you run out, yeah! it has 101 uses!  Telephone jotting paper, fold it into a
special way and use as a tooth pick, give to the kids who love wrapping
paper, use it as doggy/kitty liner, put dried flowers inside, make paper
aeroplanes, cut it to make origami? lego style, also Tangrams, roll it into
a ball and give to the dog, paper mache, paint liner, drink coasters, swap
with someone overseas for one of their AWESOME issues (that's what I am
doing since I have three), use as wrapping paper, packing paper, drawer
liners, shoe polishers/scuffers, placemats, make paper fans, fold longways
to make a fly swatter, fold it out and sit on while gardening, etc etc etc

Mel

I think we should write a letter in the 'Dear Lego' newsgroup and complain
about it.  Surely they could borrow more content from the US/Europe
versions, they have 3 months between issues after all.  Most of it seemed
like larger versions of pages from the catalogue.

And I wonder how much shown in the catalog will ever be available
in Australia (children's clothes, the cargo system, Scala ?)
Probably not much of that at all, unless they get S@H going here.

It was disappointing that there was no special offer in this issue;
the last one wasn't that great (SW Droids/skiff), but some of the
earlier ones were pretty good - Exploriens starship, Y-wing/Tie and
the Flybot.
I'm sure they could have found some sets lying around (even junk ones) to
put together a special offer.

From the looks of this offering, either they don't have enough members to
make it worthwhile them spending a lot of effort on it, or they couldn't be
bothered, you decide!

Martin