 Local / Australia / 2562
Re: Mindstorms 2.0 vs 1.5 (was Re: Greetings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:47:46 GMT

"Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:

Do you reckon they might package some of the new sensors in with a new
release?  That would push the price up but still might be cheaper than
buying them separately (I'm hopeful, aren't I?!)

I can't see them packaging any of the other sensors with the set. At most,
they might include a rotation sensor. But they probably won't unless they're
going to phase out the Ultimate Accessory kit.

I wonder..., did they ever clear 1.0 models out cheaply? AFAIK these were
still available at the normal price when 1.5 came out, but neither set
was plentiful in Tas so we probably wouldn't get to see any clearances.

As far as I saw, there weren't any 1.0 sets sold cheap. There wasn't even
much in the way of announcements that v1.5 was out, it just seemed to
replace v1.

later,
David Drew

Public key available at