 Local / Australia / 2554
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 05:58:16 GMT

"Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message
news:Fz2A3y.3zE@lugnet.com...

I'm not a Mindstorms person yet, I was aiming for one last Christmas and
failed :)  I started hinting earlier for this year and am now trying to • decide
whether I should instead wait for RIS 2.0 due out late summer/early
autumn.  Decisions, decisions...

There's no real need to wait for v2, I think. The software in older models
can be upgraded via the IR, so the only reason to wait would be for a better
Mindstorms CD. (I never use mine anyway, since I use nqc), or better parts
with a new set. (Probably only minor changes there, as with the v1 to v1.5
update.)

However, when v2 comes out, they might get rid of the v1.5 models cheap.
hmm.....

later,
David Drew

Public key available at