 Local / Australia / 2549
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 05:33:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi fellow lego fans.

I just found lugnet, after finally purchasing a Mindstorms set. I've been
doing some work on LegOS (an alternative to the program provided by lego). I
had lots of Lego when I was a kid (managed to keep a fair bit of it!!) but
what I really want to know is, wheres the best place in Oz to get lego? I
know Target & Myer have it, and DSE & TRU, but are there any other sources?
Does Lego do mail-order in australia?

Hi Ross and welcome!

I think Dave answered everything quite well.

What area are you from? If you're thinking of sticking around on
lugnet you might want to consider filling out a roll-call.  Just search
for roll call in loc.au, copy someone else's form and snip the bits you
aren't comfortable answering.  It helps us all to get to "know" each
other and help each other out in areas of interest.  It's not a requirement
though :)

I'm not a Mindstorms person yet, I was aiming for one last Christmas and
failed :)  I started hinting earlier for this year and am now trying to decide
whether I should instead wait for RIS 2.0 due out late summer/early
autumn.  Decisions, decisions...

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com