 Local / Australia / 2339
Re: New Soccer Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Okay following prices are in Australian dollars (I'll let you guys over the
pond do the conversion for a change ;)

Buses - $17ish
Single Stands - $13ish
Expansion sets - $13ish
Double Stands - $17ish
Camera/Security/medical stand - $30ish
Soccer field - $55ish

(by -ish I mean that it's within the next dollar)

If that gives you a rough idea. There seem to be enough of each sets going
around ATM, but this may change as we may get a price rise (by as much as
double) on these sets soon. Apparently they are on a promotion special set by
Lego Australia.

That does give a good idea thanks.

Larry, you can still get them yourself If and when you come here later in
August.

Technically yes, but practically, no. It's likely I will be on a very tight
timeline (unlike when I was in europe earlier this month) and there's a chance
that I won't have time or that they'll be sold out. I'd be very glad to pay a
buck or two a bus profit to someone in exchange for being sure I can get them
at the lower price instead of risking it later.

Drop me a line if you're interested, have the capital to cover it till Harro
pays you and know of a goodly supply (at least 20 or so in one color), and you
think 2.00 USD a bus is a fair payment for your trouble. (or haggle me, I
guess)

I'm also interested in the stands but they don't seem nearly as marked down,
MSRP on the in the us is 9.99 and 14.99 for the double.

I don't see these as likely to be getting discounted in the US, at least not
in all the colors because only one kind is in stores. MAYBE the soccer
ball/bus pack will get discounted, but they are selling out as fast as they
come in around here.

IF I come to Oz I'd be amenable to bringing a few of the bus/ball packs over
for folks (or bringing other things instead, I have not a lot of luggage space
but some...)

How expensive is mail from one Oz place to another?

Santsoh
(silly questions asked to the Sydney Olympic Organising committee - are there
Automatic teller machines in Australia? If so can you please provide me with a
list of where they are.)

Wait, don't you need electricity for ATM machines? You guys have that? :-)