 Local / Australia / 1294
Re: Soccer sets, thumbs up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:09:31 GMT

"David Drew" <david@hydrowash.com.au> wrote in message
news:FwDs21.FB3@lugnet.com...

"Santosh" <santosh@student.unsw.edu.au> wrote in message
news:FwDq6J.75s@lugnet.com...

Actually If we're all playing, should we combine some fields to make up • a
full
11 a side game?

Due to the size of the plates, the only way you can put two sets together • is
in a 12-man team. (11 players, 1 goalie). :)

To that end, my field has two empty spaces where the 11th players should • go.
Has anyone seen the 'expansion sets' (3410) around the place?

With two fields and an expansion pack one can make up an eleven a side
field.  I'll post a plan somewhere tonight.

Its actually a bit annoying though - the instructions with the field suggest
that you can make a twelve a side set with two of the fields, and this is
not true.  Turns out you're short two of the sprung thingies the players
stand on.  Must ask LA to front the missing pieces, eh?

And I'm with Santosh on the diving goalie thing, anything you can do with
the goalie is fine by me.  And I'm also cool with goals that bounce out
counting as goals, but I'm more than happy to play by tournament rules,
whatever they may turn out to be.  Speaking of tournament rules, obviously
my goalie will be allowed to carry his cutlass, no?

Richard
Still baldly going....