 Local / Australia / 10352
Re: Sunday sydney Meet & National Fest Preplanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 04:09:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
Hiya all.... Sorry I couldnt make it on Sunday. now we're not flying out to >the UK til end January, so hopefully will be able to make it to the  fest we >normally have in January.....?

Despite smokey conditions and leaving my flat number out of my address,
there were 5 attendees at the latest Studfest.
James (the host) had some mini-mecha built as well the the odd models
scattered about the house previously built.

Robert arrived first and unpacked a large army of small mecha (which is not
to be confused with a small army of large mecha). He then casually explained
that he'd built them all that morning, valiently working through the dreaded
"pins and needles feeling in the legs", and then driving an hour or so too!

Then John turned up with trains, and very nice they were too. This prompted
later discussion of setting up a display (more on that further down)

Pete rocked up with some ...er... sets that he may or may not have already
had... not that he's bought any new lego.. oh no indeedy...

Finally lured in by the LEGO logo'd bag hanging from the balcony came Elvis,
with Richie and the swooshable baron too.

Discussion followed and a late trip to the Macquarie centre to try to get
some $27.99 Ogle Command Centres. Alas we were too late, the store had
closed. There are, however, a very (I mean very very) large pile of them
still though.

Finally some discussion about the next meeting, sometime in early Feb., no
location oragnised, and the June long weekend.

We think that since we had Melbourne '01 and Brisbane '02 it's now Sydney's
turn. So pencil in a national meeting in Sydney in June, with the possiblity
of doing a train layout at the Museum of Fire (Western Sydney) that weekend too.

I think I've covered everything (except pictures) it was good to see people
again and meet John, we'll have to do it again sometime!

James (who just wants to repeat: 6776, au$27.99 lots in stock)