 Local / Australia / *13358 (-20)
  Re: Target Toy Sale Catalogue is out now

(...) I was quite disappointed, Kmart was definitely the better sale, not just for Lego but all up. Incidentally, I missed the Bionicles, they're tucked away on the back page (so that would be (URL) I think). BTW the Kmart sale has been extended (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Target Toy Sale Catalogue is out now

(...) Thanks for the link! Not quite as cool as last year's... I need to make some cpp calculations (and maybe read a review of HC2). Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) Does it? Sure it grips twice as many studs, but does that mean twice the gripping power? Even if double the studs mean double the grip, the piece adds more height, which gives better leverage for getting the piece off whatever it's attached to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: BrisLUG Meeting 1st August

(...) I will be there, if I can get there :) Just me only. Can you pass on your address please and maybe some info on how and what transport is available in your area? Thanks Ken. Mel Since we seem to be in a drought as we need more rain, should we (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri)

  Port Brique on the Move!

People who follow news of Port Brique ('news' you ask... more often it's excuses), will recall that not much has been happened in Port Brique for a while (except for a couple of SNOT sloops a couple of weeks ago). You may recall one of the reasons (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: was set 8252 ever available in australia?

(...) Can't say that i remember seeing it in shops, but it was shown at the bottom left of page 49 in the 2000 Aus catalogue 4323069 AUS Strangely enough it isn't listed as new, but wasn't shown in the 1999 catalogue either... I can see if it was in (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Target Toy Sale Catalogue is out now

Lego can be seen here: (URL) starts Thursday. Deidre (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: FOTW

(...) I had a similar event happen once, a while ago though. I was at the Kmart in Horsham, not during a sale, just because I thought i would have a look and see what they had. I saw some Alpha Team bomb squads on the shelf, I had been meaning to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  was set 8252 ever available in australia?

Was set 8252 beach buster (a technic police beach buggy) ever available in australia? Did it ever appear in any australian catalogs? I know that the other 2 sets in the series (the rescue motorcycle and the fire copter) were available since I own (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BrisLUG Meeting 1st August

I will be coming! Kerry "Ken Wilson" <kjfjwilson@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message news:I0w1GE.1IvM@lugnet.com... (...) meeting on (...) placed. (...) details. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, was warned by Polonius to "beware the sinister sword". Kerry (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Eastern Block Mecha

Hi All, I've noticed that there's a distinct lack of jackbooted goons in the mecha genre, so after taking delivery of a few black dino parts I set about remedying the situation. (URL) Actually I started with the legs, and they happened to turn out (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) In that case, I must apologise for failing to remember the entire discourse... :-( Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  FOTW

Hi All, Thought I'd share my most recent Find Of The Week with youse guys. While scanning the shelves at K-mart Morley Thursday night, I thought I'd grab a couple of Knights' Kingdom figs - not too bad, anyway a glance under the shelves revealed a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: BrisLUG Meeting 1st August

(...) Count Callum and I in, we will be there with something old or new Till then Gary (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) Some of them already have. Not the torso, head, visors, swords, hands, or feet, but you'll probably find the arm/leg structural parts in some of the new Designer sets, the little ridged armor chunks w/ TECHNIC pins can be found in the new (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) It's hard not to, unless you attach it so the wings hang off the sides unattached to anything. It's got a 2x4 base instead of a 2x2, which immediately gives you twice as much gripping power. (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) I remember said converstation and reacanted immediately. Though I will point out that, in context, it was an odd choice. The model it came in made no use of the peice's improved functionality. And yes, I have spent more time building and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: New Knight Kingdom Sets

(...) Yep...Picked up 8777 at target in Airport West on Tuesday...not a bad set, but could be better. And the purple knight isn't bad at all. (The word "cute" came to mind, especially when his visor is down.) Benjamin Whytcross (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Read Sales in the Subset

(...) Yeah, they've got a good batch of engineers over there, and nearly everything they've designed makes sense...once you figure out why they did it the way they did. Believe me, I was pretty grumpy about this one until I'd tinkered around with my (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact