 LEGOLAND / California / 244
Re: Need a map of LL, CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:11:53 GMT

!!! (speechless)

Gosh, that was really kind of you to keep me in mind while you were there. And
pictures! that's great. I look forward to seeing them.

Big thanks for your help.

-Suz.

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes:
[ ... snipped ... ]

Mm, I have a feeling they won't go for it. It would call for trays of
glasses being carried up and down stairs. And I don't know how their liability
insurance works for places not handicaped accessable, where people could fall
off roofs, down stairs, etc. I'll have to ask about it. Do the bumps of the
map stick up like you could trip on them?

I think that area would be great for the ceremony only, having the actual
food and drink part of the reception actually in Miniland, or wherever they
have the special events. There would be not enough room for you to have both
the ceremony and reeption at this spot, unless you want to walk past tables
and all that on your way to the altar. And the entire area is flat, no bumps
or anything.
And all parts of legoland are handicapped accessable, so no worries there.

Do you know how wide the stairs are?

The stairs are pretty wide, but they do have a rail in the middle of them,
but the 2 sides are very wide.

As I recall, the map is smooth and the Model Shop is built into a hill such
that from the entry point to the patio on the roof, there really aren't many
stairs.

I was there today, and made a point to count the stairs, and I forgot the
exact number, but it is only a few stairs (5-10)

As I recall, there is a gradual inclined curved path going behind
the Model Shop back towards the Castle area of the park where there is a
branch off to enter the roof top patio.

Yes, there is a sloped path, that is pretty wide also, and the path is VERY
short and direct

I went to legoland today, it was so nice - nobody there at all! the threat
of rain added to the schoolday meant we almost had it to ourselves! But
anyways, the place above the model shop is great, it is huge and flat and
with a great view of Miniland. There is also anpother stage set up in
funtown, maybe that would work? But, it is nowhere near as nice as above
miniland. I took pics of everything in question, with the intention of the
pics to show the areas, I tried to give you an idea of how big it was and I
also took a pic of the stairs for you. I will drop off the film tommrow, so
by the weekend (hopefully) I will have it up for you to look at.
Mark P.
mfuss903