 LEGOLAND / California / 241
Re: Need a map of LL, CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:51:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

In lugnet.legoland.california, Thomas Main writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

<snip>

The woman at LL suggests I rent Miniland after the park closes.

-Suz

I assumed that Tood and yourself had some special connections within LL.

nope.

My only connection with LL is through an events coordinator. She tells me about
costs, vendors, etc. and will draft a contract.

She did ask me if Todd and I would object to LL inviting outside press to our
wedding. But there's nothing special there.

Are you just speaking with the regular special events coordinator?

Is there another one?

I guess not...I had just thought that you may have some inside sources
of which I wasn't aware.

This is the person to speak with if, for example, your company wants to rent
access to a section of the park after it closes. Is that the "regular" one?

Is it possible
for you to try to get someone at Lego Direct or someone else you have met with
that has some influence to pull some strings for you to make this planning
process easier?

I suppose anything is "possible for me to try."

I can't "get" someone at LD to pull strings for me. That would be up to them.

I know people with influence elsewhere in TLC, but I would never ask them for
special favors. To me they are superiors before LEGO employees. I have
tremendous respect for them and would never consciously tarnish their impression
of me by making petty requests. My wedding is not their concern. My business
with them has been strictly professional.

I doubt they could have anything to do with this theme park anyway. plus they
haven't even heard about my wedding idea since.. years ago, over lunch or
something..

I'm not putting down your suggestion/question, I'm just clarifying my personal
policy.

I understand.  It seems a shame that someone at TLC isn't paying closer
attention to this, though.

After all, Lego Direct did want to be more involved in the
gatherings that LUGNET members conducted

What makes you think that?

I can't find the post right now, but I seem to recall LEGO Direct making
a big deal out of supporting clubs and the community that was evolving
both here
and on LUGNET.

and this seems like the PREMIERE event.

To whom?

Well, to us.  Even though there are a lot of us, like myself, who don't
know you and Todd personally, we feel as if we do because of the
community prescence that you have created here on LUGNET.  Obviously
some people at LEGO have taken notice and interest in LUGNET as well.  I
thought the Lego company (TLC or LL or LD) would be very enthusiastic
about hosting the wedding of the two people responsible for the
flourishing of a fan-base that centers around their product.

Anyway, I'm sure you have more important things to think about now
anyway.  I
wish you well in your preparation for the wedding and I am sure it will
be a fantastic event even it is held in Playmobil's theme park :)

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu