 LEGOLAND / *906 (-20)
  BricksWest 2003 Comments

BricksWest Comments: Was there a Feedback Questionnaire? If so I missed it. Please send if available. First: BricksWest 2003 was generally GREAT! Even better than last year! Things we liked in NO PARTICULAR ORDER: 1) The Technic Diner was a FAR (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Joe's Donuts is open for business!

(...) Mark is dead on, the buckets in the clubhouse that contain the bulk, by weight stuff has been throughly picked through, and often chewed. The only bulk stuff I ever buy there is at the counter, where they sometimes have unusual new bricks in (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Joe's Donuts is open for business!

(...) Well, there is the Maniac Clubhouse. It is in Funtown, by the driving school and the large firefighter statue they put up. But their selection of parts has become sad as of late. Last year during BW time they had the bins full of the older (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Joe's Donuts is open for business!

(...) Do you mind sharing which shop or shops are the best for finding unusual parts? I noticed a couple of these shops last year at BricksWest, but it was right before closing and I didn't have time to look for cool parts. I also remember there (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Washington DC is GONE!!

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes: [snip] (...) Well, call me aussie-centric, but I thought the Sydney Opera House was the pride and joy of the park! (URL) OK, the crane is good too.... 8?) (URL) (FUT .loc.au) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Washington DC is GONE!!

(...) Ack! I had the same reaction. It's frightening that we live in a time when a headline like that can't be immediatley dismissed as an impossibility. I found out about both the WTC and the Columbia disasters from similar headlines while surfing (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Washington DC is GONE!!

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes: Well here is something to think about. They have been working on a launch site with shuttle for about a year that is supose to go into miniland. I wounder if that is what was going to be put (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Washington DC is GONE!!

(...) Yeah, I was there on Saturday. It was just.. weird. (...) Well, I wonder if they're cleaning it too. The bricks get pretty faded in the sunlight. (...) Wow. (...) That's what I was wondering about as well. I know it's technically off-season, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Washington DC is GONE!!

I'm sorry, you just about gave me a heart attack. *gasp*wheeze* Jennifer Boger former DC resident and worrier extrodinare Quoting Mark P <mark@landofbricks.com>: (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Washington DC is GONE!!

I was shocked when I saw this, but I found out yesterday that our beloved Washington DC is GONE! There is just dirt where busy streets and buildings once stood. The only building left standing was the tall Washington Monument, and a bridge that has (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Review and Pictures of Legoland, CA's Family Huddle

Well, having most of the sites I visit go down thanks to this worm that is going around I finally got to type up my review and put up some pictures of the Family Huddle event Legoland, CA had on the 23rd. All in all I had a good time there, it was (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland, lugnet.reviews)

  Family Huddle trip report

Went to this event with my wife, son, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. The park was understandably a bit busier than it normally is for a Thursday since it was Family Huddle day. I'm not positive, but I think they made more Ambassador parking spots (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

(...) LOL! Rick, I never thought anyone would use an analogy with Lego and a strip club, but you certainly did it! Now I have to go explain to my wife why I'm laughing at the computer. Jimmy P.S. So you've never been to LLC or a strip club? Curious (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Ideas for Brickswest sessions

I completely agree with your statement that the builders at Legoland are cheating. I feel the same way about creations that use mostly special pieces instead of basic blocks and the CAD creations. I say this coming from the pre- Lugnet, pre-Lego (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Family Huddle Jan 23rd at LLCA

(...) Perhaps they are hoping the schools would organize field trips? Were there lots of school buses in the parking lot for the Postal Service thing? --Bill. (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Themed Calculators at LEGOLAND?

If you mean the ones about 1.5x2.5" on a keychain, they've had some at the Big Shop in LLC since they opened. However, all I've ever seen is clear ones with Bellville type printing (either purple or pink print of palm trees, etc). I've never seen a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Family Huddle Jan 23rd at LLCA

Got a postcard today from LL telling about the next event they are having. This one actually looks cool... "Spend a day at the park with celebrities and favorite NFL players from past and present. Take part in building a huge replica of the Vince (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Plans for Billund Summer '03?

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> skrev i meddelandet news:H8MCFH.154@lugnet.com... (...) Om det är samma bil som när du var här och hälsade på, skulle jag nog avråda... (:-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

  Plans for Billund Summer '03?

Any plans for Billund summer '03? Me and my daughter will probably go there. No date set yet, so we might coordinate with your plans? An international Lugnet meet there would be cool. /Tore Halva min bil lär vara tom så om någon vill åka med, går (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.dk)

  Themed Calculators at LEGOLAND?

Hi all, About two months ago I received a small survey from LEGO in the mail saying I had been "Specially Selected" to be on a LEGO Advisory Board for being a LEGO Club Member. After filling out the survey, which was very similar to the questions on (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact