 LEGOLAND / California / 472
471  |  473
Subject:
Washington DC is GONE!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:06:14 GMT

I was shocked when I saw this, but I found out yesterday that our beloved
Washington DC is GONE! There is just dirt where busy streets and buildings
once stood. The only building left standing was the tall Washington
Monument, and a bridge that has seen better days.

The grass is gone, the people are gone, the cars are gone. Earthworms now
are the only population on the grounds where Washington DC once was.

And if you have not figured it out by now - I am talking about the
Washington DC in Miniland in Legoland, CA. The pride and joy of the park is
history for the next few *months*.

I asked the lady at guest service what was going on and she said they were
making modifications to it and were going to have a slightly new layout for
the display. And it would not return for a few months at least.

This is unfortunate for the folks that are going to be visiting the park for
the first time during BricksWest.

It figures the *first* time I go to the park with no camera in a long time
something like this happens..

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com