 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / Search Results: wheel sets
 Results 21 – 40 of about 1400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

I contacted Lego Direct and presented the problem to them stating that there was significant drag on the gray wheel sets. In the course of the discussion the lady (name escapes me) who is the customer service rep for trains was not aware of this (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.943)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I don't think so. We've been running some of the same trains at NCLTC for nine shows (some shows for over a month), and the well-run trains still work. The undercarriage is well-worn where the bogies touch the plates, but the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.882)

  Re: Question about the new trains

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: Hi Rob, additinally to your theory there is another problem with the wheelsets: they are partly moulded wrong, as you easiely can recognise in this picture (2 URLs) Jake has told us long ago this was a mistake by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.879)

  "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

Hi all! Over the past weeks we had to read nearly daily about "super fcriction wheel sets". I am glad that most of the AFOLs around have saved their humor on this topic and take it just as a minor drawback. On the other hand we will get the new (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

wheel, sets
(score: 2.876)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

(...) [snip - qestion at TLC] (...) Thank you, Jake! I hope you have survived the Saturdays "refridgerator"-talk and our hot discussion from Sunday in Zwolle without further trouble (I got a nice cold when being back here...). On topic of the wheel (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.859)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) That's it in a nutshell. I bought some SF carriages and Super Chief and after running them for only a short amount of time it slowed right down. The Motor was cutting out due to the load, from the weight of these heavier carriages. Not the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.536)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) (URL) Brick Blast Vermont>. This was are first experiance doing a mid summer train show and it was extremely hot and humid durring the event. My trains which have been running at shows for 7+ years would not run at all because of the friction (...) (18 years ago, 3-Aug-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.483)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) I believe that LEGO can maintain its lead by continuing to design high-quality building sets which appeal to progressively larger market segments, but that the ultimate winner will not be the one who designs and sells the best sets. The leader (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands) !

wheel, sets
(score: 2.442)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! I hope all of those who have been whining will think about what happened here, and think about Larry's comments over the past few months about how whining is not the best way to go about things, and consider that this meeting probably (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.414)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) It was the *first* *train* summit. (...) I can't talk about future products, about demographics or web usage or sales figures, or about costs/numbers/successes for various marketing, sales or production activities, for example. There are other (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

wheel, sets
(score: 2.414)

  Re: Hey, like, is anyone there? (was: When is Mac support coming for LEGO Mosaic?)

(...) Oy vey! "all but one"? I think we should take a closer look at that. Below is a list of all the spotlight items going back 2 weeks. The homepage shows at most 1 week back, so this covers a lot of ground. The vast majority of Spotlight items (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.412)

  Re: Shopping Anecdote and Suggestions (Long)

Another shopping story: I was (coincidently) in a Walmart last night. This was in Nashville. I too eavesdropped. A lady (maybe a grandmother) and a boy around 10 were in the same aisle. I was browsing for clearance Lego and had found a few sets. The (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.408)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: Other people have posted some great ideas but one I wanted to toss out is to use the Lugnet set database as one data source. A large number of people have already voted on what sets they like there, and I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.344)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I hope the Wayback Machine has settings for the 70's. :) (...) Are you referring to the 2x4 black bricks with the 'plug in' wheels that could go on the long or short sides? Or are you meaning the 2x2 black bricks with the preinstalled smaller (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.342)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) This would depend on the individual set in question. I suspect you'd have a hard time reproducing the crater plates and landing-pad plates from old space sets, but even without any plates, or with plain grey plates, I think a Galaxy Explorer (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.342)

  Re: what makes a legend?

There's a load of reactions here already, so I'll keep it short. I't very hard to give an overall verdict on replacement parts. I mean, almost invisible changes, like the minifig heads, would be hard to object to. In fact, even the 2x4 basic brick (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.342)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Brad Justus wrote in message ... (...) <snip> (...) are (...) we -- (...) details? I agree with those who have written that the spirit of the set is more important than the details of individual parts. Specifically, I don't care about the metal (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.342)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes: First let me answer your very first question out of the subject line: "what makes a legend?" In my eyes a legend has at least one out of the following two characteristic qualities: - it is standing far over (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.342)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I think this too. I'm an original space fan and the thought of them walking around with big chunky helmuts disgusts me (not as much as Jack Stone, though!) Also re: wheels - Many of the classic space and Blacktron sets came with those large (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.341)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes: [snip] (...) those (...) Exactely! So if these are not the real legendary sets, it might be better to make them noticable copies. (...) to (...) them (...) I (...) Same with me and lots of others: I do not (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

wheel, sets
(score: 2.341)

More:  Next Page >>