 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3515
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Rudy writes:
Ben et All,
I'm sorry to disagree with you here, Ben, but I can't stand a classic
spaceman with a newer style helmet.  If a Galaxy Explorer or some other
classic was released with the new helmets instead of the thin chins, I'd be
throughly disgusted, and would most likely not buy the set.  Thin Chins or
naught is my thinking.

I think this too.  I'm an original space fan and the thought of them walking
around with big chunky helmuts disgusts me (not as much as Jack Stone, though!)

Also re: wheels - Many of the classic space and Blacktron sets came with
those large round space-tyres that fit on the 2x2 metal axle plate.  These
would have to be included in any space 'legend' set.  Maybe a way could be
found to make them compatible with the new 2x2 wheel clip-on plate.

Finally, I accept that new molds are expensive.  But just think - how many
new molds has LEGO made for the Harry Potter series alone (not to mention
Belville)!  It makes me shudder.

Michael Dallaston