 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3508
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 20:00:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ben Gatrelle writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Magnus Lauglo writes:
... Take this oppurtunity to use newer bricks that weren't around when the >sets originally came out. While I would absoutely love to see a reissue of the
classic yellow castle, I would love even more, to have that set rereleased
in tan bricks (instead of the less usefull yellow), with the "modern"
horses, instead of horses made of bricks.

I have to disagree with this. For me, one of the things that make this set a
Classic/Legend is those horses you had to build yourself.

I would even balk at, but could accept, the change in the knights' helmets
and the requisite change in the visors.

I'm sure this is a major issue for older castle, space and even town sets
that used the old thin-chin helmet.  I think the majority of fans would
rather see the older sets reissued with the newer helmets than not reissued
at all.

BEN GATRELLE

Ben et All,
I'm sorry to disagree with you here, Ben, but I can't stand a classic
spaceman with a newer style helmet.  If a Galaxy Explorer or some other
classic was released with the new helmets instead of the thin chins, I'd be
throughly disgusted, and would most likely not buy the set.  Thin Chins or
naught is my thinking.
-John Rudy
www.geocities.com/TJJohn12