 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3540
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:47:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Rudy writes:
Ben et All,
I'm sorry to disagree with you here, Ben, but I can't stand a classic
spaceman with a newer style helmet.  If a Galaxy Explorer or some other
classic was released with the new helmets instead of the thin chins, I'd be
throughly disgusted, and would most likely not buy the set.  Thin Chins or
naught is my thinking.

Wow.  I feel a generation gap coming on.  Only just now, part way into the
new millenium and half way through this thread, did I recognize the fact
that the old style helmet is no longer available!  I have so many of them in
my collection, I never noticed they might be considered rare.  Man, I feel
old...

  <sad smirk>  <...if there can be such a thing>

Anywho, I think I agree with John (although perhaps not so adamantly) that
a Classic Space Minifig looks better with the simpler helmet.  In my
collection, the Classic Space guys (and gals) represent the civilian
colonists of Billundia, where the Futuron guys (with thick visors) are the
military and police.  ...If they had to offer Classic Space sets with newer
helmets, I would be tempted to go one step further and say they'd be best if
they replaced the whole mini-fig with the Futuron one.  I think a Tri-Star
Voyager would look cool with a Futuron pilot.

-Hendo