 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 729
Re: the best laid plans of mice and men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Koeberl writes:
Scott A wrote:

Don't worry about it Brad, personally, I'm used to being dissapointed by • your
company. :-|

Scott A

LOL! Can anyone say "junior"?

I know this post has caused some controversy, but I did think it was funny.
I also think serious points could be drawn from it too. Juniorized pieces
are a legitimate gripe for many of us. High price/piece ratios is another,
which can apply to some bulk items. If Brad did take it personally, I
suspect he and Scott can resolve it themselves outside a public forum.
However, lugnet.lego.direct does offer us a platform to express our
opinions, and they won't always be positive. I suspect Brad and TLG expect
some of that. IMO, a few disharmonious comments would probably be more
important to TLG than a chorus of hollow praise. This is not an indictment
against anyone in this group. If Scott did anything wrong here, IMO, it was
not to specifically state what his disappointments are or have been. But I
still had to laugh. :)

I have no specific issue which gets to me, I just have a general feeling of
apathetic malcontempt. Everything from the way from the way the 2001 "leak" was
handled to the way TLC appear to have swept over complians about having there
MOC pictures hijacked on www.lego.com to the clumsy way LEGO operate in the UK.

To divert our attention from they some of the above, BJ announced LEGO.new -
but then failed to deliver :-(

Scott A

Brad, if your reading, thanks. I doubt I'll be 100% happy with LD and future
sets and themes, and don't take my gripes personally, but I'm glad you're
here.

Mark