 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 716
Re: the best laid plans of mice and men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:54:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes:

Scott A wrote:

Don't worry about it Brad, personally, I'm used to being dissapointed by • your
company. :-|

<sigh> Really?  Dissapointed (sic)?  I've seen *great* strides made by TLC. • Think
about where we were even 3 years ago-- the advent of Town Jr, pre-SW, pre-LLC,
(pre-orange;-)  Heck, now we have a TLC big-wig who actually listens to and • cares
about a bunch of adult who play with kid's toys AND he quotes Shakespeare;-)

Robert Burns, I believe.

The best-laid plans o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain
For promised joy.

Don't get me wrong-- I have no allusions that their actions are based on
altruism;

The trouble with doing (sic) is that you have to be correct yourself.
Certainly I will not allude to any illusions you have on your part.  :-)

And to the fellow disappointed with the delays, welcome to the world of
software - if you are disappointed with delays, then you are disappointed with
every single software company in existence.

Bruce