 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 713
Re: the best laid plans of mice and men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:08:06 GMT

Scott A wrote:

Don't worry about it Brad, personally, I'm used to being dissapointed by your
company. :-|

<sigh> Really?  Dissapointed (sic)?  I've seen *great* strides made by TLC.  Think
about where we were even 3 years ago-- the advent of Town Jr, pre-SW, pre-LLC,
(pre-orange;-)  Heck, now we have a TLC big-wig who actually listens to and cares
about a bunch of adult who play with kid's toys AND he quotes Shakespeare;-)

Fact is, TLC could get along very well thank you without another adult buying
their product [1], so the fact that they are taking the time to listen to us and
communicate with us should be cause for optimism, not uncivil sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong-- I have no allusions that their actions are based on altruism;
they are motivated by the mighty dollar (as well they should be).  We are all
hoping that input from the AFOL community can benefit both parties- us with more
choices through LD, and TLC financially.

So, to Scott I say: "Lighten up, Francis" [2].

To Brad I say:  "thank you".  Anything you do benefits us greatly and most of us
appreciate it.  We all can appreciate creating deadlines for ourselves to meet,
and sometimes falling short.  Personally, it's the only way I can work:-/

So, when it's ready, it's ready; we can wait:-)  But if by chance you are looking
to make penitence, you could revel the new batch of elements slated to be
available in bulk;-)

-John

[1] Could we as AFOLs say the same? ;-)
[2] If you don't recognize that quotation, rent "Stripes" with Bill Murray. (The
movie stars Bill Murray; I'm not suggested you view it *with* him;-)

Scott A

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:

<Brad's note snipped>