 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3836
Re: In the shadow of bent trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 05:53:23 GMT

Hi Richard,

Can anyone else confirm that the new cypress trees are no worse than the
older cypress trees?

Yep, I can back Maggie up on this. They are made of the same plastic as the
originals and my original one is just as bent!

Richard.
http://lego.britdog.com

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Maggie Cambron writes:
Hate to burst your collective bubble guys, but these trees are exactly
like >the old ones AFAICT.  I have one from my son's town alongside a
package of >five new ones, and there is NO difference (other than the slight
dustiness >and faintly "chewed" edge of the base of the one I lent my son).
The numbers >on the bottom of my new ones are 001 and 002.  My old specimen
is numbered >001 in exactly the same spot.

Can anyone else confirm that the new cypress trees are no worse than the
older cypress trees?  We could probably just accept Maggie's sole opinion • on
this, but I'd like to hear it from someone else too. [Maggie's *just* a
girl, after all, so she may not be as uptight about it as us guys might
be...=oP]

I am certainly not above just bending them back a little the other way to
straighten them out either, as someone else has suggested as a solution.
Does this work for any of you others?

I have no problem faulting Lego Direct/TLC for bad quality control; but if
the new batch of cypress trees is neither better nor worse than the old
cypress trees then all we can cry about is how they haven't improved their
plastic formulation for these foliage elements -- and that's a different
complaint altogether...

I mean, let's be fair about the matter.  Right?

-- Hop-Frog