 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3837
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:43:21 GMT

This is interesting for a couple of reasons -

1. It shows that Lego Direct is continuing to explore creative new ways of
selling the brick.

2. This may, hopefully, be the tip of the iceberg for the promised "create
your own set" method of selling.

3. The price point is right on. Recent re-releases from LD have been priced
right as well. (the new train cars come to mind)
This shows that LD can keep costs reasonable on their own issued sets . (I
have not bought at retail price in years.)

4. LD is publicly tipping their hat to the fantastic builders in the AFOL
community.

5. This, along with the re-released Guarded Inn, will truly drag me back
into the Castle theme. I have been a train/town only since I started
purchasing Lego again in 1999.

Like others in the group, I do hope to read more about the process used for
selecting Dan's model as well as what this says about future products from
LD.

What a nice Christmas present for both Dan and all Lego builders.

Bryan
(does this thread belong in .direct or .general??)

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
The first set created by a LEGO Fan!

This special set is the first in the "My Own Creation" series, featuring
original designs by LEGO builders just like you! Daniel Siskind's • Blacksmith
Shop was chosen by our LEGO Master Builders to be turned into a set you • can
put together and add to your Castle village. The trusty blacksmith uses • his
hammer and anvil to make the equipment knights need for their adventures.
The king's men come from all over to buy his wares and learn the latest • news
from the village. Includes blacksmith and blacksmith's wife, hammer, • anvil,
and more. A great companion to the Guarded Inn!

Now THIS could be an interesting twist to the arguments about the dearth • of
sets in your favorite theme (whatever that may be). How many of these sets
will we see, how often, and how are they chosen? I MUST know!