 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3813
Re: In the shadow of bent trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:34:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:

I'd like to see a response from LD on this critical quality control issue,
but I somehow doubt I shall get it.

  I am likewise pessimistic about a thorough response.  I predict that, if I
called S@H, they'd advise me to return the faulty product and await the
second run--but that's not really satisfactory.  I'd rather TLC had waited
and produced a quality item.

have you tried anything to correct the trouble (blow drier, etc.)?
Does it appear to be an issue related to packaging (that the trees are
packaged so tightly that the trees bend under the stress)?

  The trees came in the standard polybags, and in my case they weren't too
tightly packed in either the bags or in the shipping box.  For what it's
worth, the bend is more-or-less uniform in all of the trees, so whatever
error occurred seems to have occurred consistently, as opposed to resulting
from stock overcrowding.
  I haven't yet attempted any corrective measures, though the blow drier
solution seems promising.  I'll weigh my options and let you know what happens.

     Dave!