 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2533
Re: Garage Doors Cancelled! (was Re: Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:29:20 GMT

   Hi everyone (especially Eric and others concerned about
   their garage doors)-

   Sorry to follow myself up, but I have Information and
   Updates relevant to your beefs with S@H Europe.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
[snip]
5187 Bricks with Groove and Garage Panels

   I ordered a few small batches. The last time was two sets on
   Saturday, when the set briefly appeared back on the available
   list. Those have been shipped, the last group this morning.
[snip]

Thanks for the info, Lindsay.  This makes it clear that your
Saturday order jumped forward in the queue, ahead of those of
us who ordered this item on Thursday or Friday.  It appears
that shop-at-home was not willing to call you on Monday
or Tuesday to cancel these items from your order, even after
they found out on Monday that there was a backlog of earlier
internet orders.

  Not necessarily so.  I ordered via the web on Saturday,
  and I have not yet received any packages from those dates.
  The only items I have received were those ordered last
  Wednesday and Thursday.  I did get one box that had an
  item "backordered"; they hadn't told me that this was the
  case when I called, so they may not be telling me everything.

   And this was in fact true.  The boxes I got today had
   a total of nine 5187s marked backordered-cancelled.  These
   boxes were those I ordered on Friday.  So it appears they
   did in fact vanish at some point Thurs-Fri., they just
   weren't nice enough to actually *notify* me that these
   weren't going to be fulfilled.

Perhaps they have separate queues for internet and phone orders,
and in a case of conflict the phone orders have total priority
over the internet orders, regardless of when they were placed.
That would explain things, although it doesn't make it fair.

  Yeah, it sucks, but hold the holy fire until we see what
  actually shows up.  It may not be as unfair as we fear.  :)

   Again, this feared unfairness seems not to have come to
   pass.  However, I called S@H yesterday to count my package
   chickens (make sure they'd all gone out, so that I was
   likely to get them before coming home), and asked about
   5187 specifically.  "Oh, that's showing a quantity of -77."
   There's your explanation, they oversold and the updates
   just couldn't catch up.

   So it appears we're in the same leaky boat.  :(

   best

   Lindsay