 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2060
Re: Lugnet Promo Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:45:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Steve Demlow writes:
Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

That's what I was curious about, what are the volumes? I could believe
millions for the Shell sets

I recall an article stating that Lego/Shell hoped to sell ~7 million sets
in the US and had sold ~5(?) million as of close to the end of the promotion.

I know that at least some stations shipped their extras back to Lego;
wonder where they'll show up next?

Steve

Funny I was looking at all the local Shell stations and couldn't find them.  I
sure wonder why the didn't meet their "qouta."  How many others ran into a
similar problem?

-Mike Petrucelli aka Lord Insanity