 LEGO Company / 2732
Re: LEGO Factory Contest: Rules or Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:57:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote: As part of the LEGO Factory Element Pallet, the Entrant will be provided with three different (3) 8 knob x 8 knob base plates which have a road pattern on them, and two 8 knob x 8 knob plates in blue (symbolizing water) and green (symbolizing grass) which can be combined in any way for a maximum building area of 16 knobs x 16 knobs. The Entrant can build the model as high as he/she may want to and can build any type of model...

Also, forgot to ask this as well: does the entire vertical area have to fit within the 16x16 “knob” area? (I’m so used to saying “stud”...) For example this entry is pretty cool but the bow and stern appear to hang off the baseplates. Is that a disqualification? If not, at what point does “overhang” become grounds for disqualifying?

And any idea when they post the “Wildcard” winner? It’s my only hope, man.

Picky, picky Binky today. But how can I stretch the rules unless I know what they are?

Thanks again Jake,
Kelly