 LEGO Company / 2716
Re: LEGO Factory Contest: Rules or Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   I guess TLC is not enforcing the rules of its own contest:

The winner in the Senior category (“Deluxe Building” by GabrielLee) was built on 16 baseplates, as opposed to the 4 specified in the contest rules. Can someone from TLC explain this situation?

Excellent question, I’d also like to see what the deal is. I also still have some concerns from the first few days of voting... this entry received more than 200 votes when the image was garbled. Halfway through the week the image was fixed, but before that you couldn’t tell anything about it, other than it was a blue smear. And it still received more than twice as many votes as the next in line entry.

When will the rules be enforced? During the grand prize phase? For the next competition? For example, will I be able to design a massive 64-plate set, and have it win the weekly, only to be disqualified at the end of the contest? Or is the first week a blip?

Any insight would be appreciated. I think this is a great concept for the contest, I’m just really confused about how the rules will affect the outcome.

Kelly