 LEGO Company / 2721
Re: LEGO Factory Contest: Rules or Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:17:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   As far as the 16x16 requirement, I looked through rules and I’m not finding anything about that. Could be because it’s a rainy Monday and my brain hasn’t fully engaged... can you help me out?

Hi Jake,

That’s one of the issues... this seems to be a requirement, based on the official rules, but it’s fairly buried:

As part of the LEGO Factory Element Pallet, the Entrant will be provided with three different (3) 8 knob x 8 knob base plates which have a road pattern on them, and two 8 knob x 8 knob plates in blue (symbolizing water) and green (symbolizing grass) which can be combined in any way for a maximum building area of 16 knobs x 16 knobs. The Entrant can build the model as high as he/she may want to and can build any type of model...

It’s also in the Flash presentation in the Design Studio: “Also remember to build your micro models on the base plates. (Max 4 base plates)”

Thanks for looking into this for us.

That is strangely worded. Thanks for the heads up.

On one hand I’m not sure how you’d make 2 8x8 baseplates into a 16x16 area (since you’d have 8x16 if you only use two). On the other hand, using 4 8x8 baseplates results in a total surface area of 32x32.

Anyway, I’m checking on it now, and should have some answers in the next couple days, if not sooner.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison