 LEGO Company / 2566
Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:22:38 GMT

Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Eric Kingsley wrote:
While I think this is a good idea I have found the software fragile.
I cannot save at all, it just shuts down the program.  I find it
very difficult to line up the 8x8 plates/roadplates next to each
other.  I am going to try reinstalling the software but so far I
can't say I have had much luck.

Eric Kingsley

I also had problems with lining up pieces. Here are some things that
helped me:

* Adjust the mouse sensitivity in the LDD configuration program. This
  will help with the "floaty" feeling of the pieces.

* Wait a second before jiggling the piece again - sometimes just
  holding the piece still will cause the autoconnect feature to kick
in.

I found the easiest way to lay the baseplates was from the underside! Yes
you can add pieces 'top down' if you want - the floor sinks when you add
something from the bottom.

I think the 'clicking' is sometimes fantastic, and sometimes just plain,
irritating, stupid!

I have managed to insert parts in 'holes' in the model, and at the same time
I'm having extraordinary problems putting 6x6 plates on top of a flat roof.
It looks to me like the bounding boxes are not completely correct for all
parts, larger parts usually give larger problem...

The 'wait a second' is also important, but sometimes nothing seems to work
:-(

I *think* there are more problems when you have many different height 'free'
top studs available, but I'm not sure...

Also, around the size 250 parts, some operations are quite time consuming
(on AMD 1700+), epecially trying to place larger parts.

I also discovered that I could rotate the complete model on the floor by
using the 'hinge' tool. Click somewhere on the model where there is
absolutely no real hinge (retry until you get all the parts in the model
selected), now right click rotates all as one block (sometimes).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm