 LEGO Company / 2565
Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:27:58 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:

Picture 4 2x2 bricks together as a square. (2 bricks wide, 2 bricks
long)  So you have a model that is 4 studs x 4 studs.  If I were to
rotate one of those, around its own corner, it would move itself out
of that 4x4 configuration. Compare that to when I rotate the same
piece in LeoCAD, the piece would rotate around its own center axis.
So it would show different faces to the outside of the model but it
would maintain the 4x4 shape of the thing I was creating.

It looks like they have put the zero point of the parts in one corner, not
in the center point as in LDRAW. OTOH, when you are tilting a part (up
arrow) it's not rotating around the same point, but that may be an effect of
the snapping.

Hey, does your version end up with your regular Windows mouse pointer
stuck in the top left corner of the screen, while the usable cursor
is that hand thingy?

Are you running full screen or windowed? As far as I could see in the
documentation, the windowed mode was not fully supported, and could result
in two cursors.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm