 LEGO Company / 2354
Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:18:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Christian: Ask yourself, at this time, what percentage of readers from LEGO have
written you off as not worth listening to, or at the very least, difficult to
please and perhaps not part of the target market?
I consider the "percentage of readers from LEGO" question moot. We have
been told time and again that we are (from TLCs point of view) a
neglectable customer group. Yes, we have been given some scraps here and
there if it does not collide with the main market. But thats all. We
don't get believable answers to valid questions, and they do not (want
to?) understand the real importance of the AFOL community.

Yes, I may be difficult to please because my expectations are hard to
match for a company that does not know itself (I consider the extreme
lack of internal communiations in the company, with results that we see
time and again, a mayor problem still untackled by the management) and
which is as flexible as a brick (Look at their internal system for
numbering parts - which is the most visible logistic problem). Like many
here, I would really like to help. I did and do bring forward ideas -
real, doable ideas. Some actually became seeds for projects (I never got
an answer on one, but I heard from a third party that my idea had been
discussed very positively, and now a project is underway), some have
been turned down. The more we know about the cogwheels of the company,
the better we can help to improve things.

Yes, TLC has a history of not listening to ideas (those who wrote
letters to TLC with ideas of product improvements propably know the
standard reply letter from the legal department). So I turned to more
subversive tactics - being crude here or there is just one part of it.

And of course I am not part of the target market. Neither are you.

Yours, Christian Treczoks