 LEGO Company / 2319
Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:46:05 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
   2. As far as one can derive it from the available information sources, spending for misc. purposes (TV Advertising, Brick Masters, Event Kits) is propably way higher in the US than it is in Europe.

So, tell me, what is “Reaping More Money at One End and Spending More Money on the Other End” other than subsidizing? Or, to return to your point of view, if the European prices are not “higher” and the US prices are not “lower”, why do they still differ? And don’t come with the VAT argument. We don’t have a VAT of 87%...

Could it possibly be that they are putting their advertising dollars where it might get the most return? That would seem like normal business procedure to me. So if they are spending lots of money on (TV Advertising, Brick Masters, Event Kits), it might be because those things help sales. I don’t believe for a minute that sales in europe are subsizing anything. Also I’d be inclided to think that the Brick Masters thing is likely to make lego money rather than cost them. Or at least very close to a break even.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral