 LEGO Company / 2317
Re: LEGO Brick Masters Launches!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Jake McKee wrote:

I guess you won't answer how much of this US-only campaign is funded by
overcharging us non-american customers?

With all due respect, I'm not sure that even have an answer. The idea that we
are "over-charging" any one area in order to support any other area of the world
is simply not true. That concept is basically simplifying the concepts and
issues of global commerce to a point where the reality of the situation simply
disappears. As I've mentioned before, global commerce is by no means easy or
simple. Simply setting prices equal in all world markets is simply not possible
for a slew of reasons that I don't personally begin to understand.

Students, consultants, governments, and companies are spending vast amounts of
money and time simply to research and understand the nature of global commerce.

To say that lower prices in one market is possible solely because prices are
higher in another market is like saying a computer functions solely because it
has a keyboard.

I'm not sure if you're just venting about your "higher" prices, and I'm not sure
that I'll ever be able to convince you that European prices don't "subsidize"
"lower" North American prices. Rest assured, however, that that's not the case.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison