 Instructions / 379
Re: Instructions for the Cathedral Board Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 01:25:59 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.inst, Jason Spears writes:
http://www.michlug.org/resources/instructions/cathedral-01.html

My own version that I made months ago can temporarily be seen here:

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/cath_ram.jpg

Please don't take this as an insult, but....

That layout almost looks like it's not made from LEGO.  :)

The reason I mean this to be complimentary is that it's just so clean and
smooth looking.  It looks not unlike a commercially produced game, where the
pieces have been molded in exactly those shapes... rather than a collection
of small bricks put together.  Normally I'm not a huge fan of the 'no studs
showing' look, but in this case I'm very impressed.

I can only *assume* that was the look you were going for so if it was, then
I would say a job well done!

I hope that if this link is temporary, you'll find a more lasting home for
this pic.  Are there or will there be instructions for it sometime?

My only significant differences are those on the cathedral piece itself
(mine is very cross-like, esp. from above, and much shorter), and my playing
field is green (as yours was originally).

It was terrific fun reversing your designs and comparing with the designs
from the Cathedral website (http://www.cathedral-game.co.nz/frame.htm). The
very important "How to Play" instructions can be found there, of course (I'd
post a more direct link but the frames resist a direct link, instead find
the link in the left navigation frame).

Many thanks, Jason!  A very cool project.

I'm really impressed by all the work in this thread.  As I mentioned earlier
in the thread, I'm really hoping that other games find life in LEGO brick
versions.  I have one idea, but am going to flesh it out a bit before
posting any details.

All the best!
Allan B.