 Harry Potter / 981
Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:

You have the beginnings of a good idea, but I am not sure your current
suggestion would work for the top-most stair (unless I misunderstand what
you meant).  What is your attachment point on the top stair?

I can certainly see some possible solutions, but they might not look that
great anyway...

This all depends on your building's structure, but assuming you have the
stair case leading to a second floor landing, etc., a jumper brick (or other
mechanism)could a) be extended from a few bricks beneath your second floor
and behind the stairs, or b) be extended from a wall beneath your second
floor and behind the stairs.

The second floor plate would, of course, be held in place in the
conventional manner.

This method should hold the stairs reasonably steady and should not be
unsightly.

I would post pics of the model if i had a digital camera, but alas, I have
yet to acquire one.