 Harry Potter / 975
Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Marchetti writes:
Doyle:
Upon building I noticed that some of the stairs overhang the others. I then
observed that some had different grooves than the others and only worked
when placing them at opposite ends or 180 degrees. I first thought there might
My beef is that the stairs do not hold their position with any degree of
friction, but move freely if they are touched even slightly.

Defective -- no.  Deplorable design -- yes.

If you have the non-defective stairs, a jumper brick placed directly below
both the bottom and top-most steps should secure the staircase in place.
(There are probably other schemes that would also work as well or better,
but a jumper brick worked for me). With the top and bottom-most stairs held
in place, the stair-case's design causes each of the stairs to be held in place.