 General / 9936
Re: 2000 Town construction sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:55:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Looks like we'll have lots of new town construction sets for 2000:

   http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-26.html

And it may just be me, but I think that these sets don't look as much
juniorized as the 1999 town sets.  True, they're still juniorized, but
not as much, are they?

Fredrik

But where are the buildings?
A town full of vehicles, but no buildings?

New road plate looks nice, but what about the buildings?

The only building is yet another fire station.

This looks more like good bye town. Ghost town maybe.

I for one am NOT impressed.

How can they call it 'city centre'?
Where the city???

regards
lawrence

Agreed! I got excited for a quick second when I saw the word "hotel", and then
I realized it was a background picture :(
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-27.html
Could you imagine the windows in a hotel set?
Julie