 General / 10183
Re: 2000 Town construction sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:34:54 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...
Looks like we'll have lots of new town construction sets for 2000:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-26.html

And it may just be me, but I think that these sets don't look as much
juniorized as the 1999 town sets.  True, they're still juniorized, but
not as much, are they?

No, the entire Town line, including the construction sets are still well
below par.

OK, let's see what do we got:

Soccer sets: Recycled theme done much much better in the Shell promo
version. The soccer field looks like the surface of the moon! And wow, three
buses, good for the train windows and classic smileys but expensive at $22.
The big grandstand with the TV cameraman is ok.

Only other Town set of mild interest is the construction set with the
overpass. But the roadplates are black, while every other roadplate is grey.
I think you can get a better overpass with dock plates and ramps .