 General / 9905
  2000 Town construction sets

Looks like we'll have lots of new town construction sets for 2000: (URL) it may just be me, but I think that these sets don't look as much juniorized as the 1999 town sets. True, they're still juniorized, but not as much, are they? Fredrik (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) But where are the buildings? A town full of vehicles, but no buildings? New road plate looks nice, but what about the buildings? The only building is yet another fire station. This looks more like good bye town. Ghost town maybe. I for one am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) Agreed! I got excited for a quick second when I saw the word "hotel", and then I realized it was a background picture :( (URL) you imagine the windows in a hotel set? Julie (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

Notice that they reduced the ages for City Center from 5-12 to 5-8. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) So a couple more people don't think too much of thenew town sets. But am I really the only person on lugnet who's basically completely unimpressed by the entire new catalogue?????? I just had a look back at my 1996 catalogue - the last decent (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

It never occurred to me last year but I think Town as we knew it is dead. The theme is now consistently referred to as CITY CENTRE rather than TOWN and this is being reflected in the type of sets we're seeing. Whereas previously the Town theme lived (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) Agreed. What is the purpose of having police and fire rescue sets without anyone or anything to save? What is the purpose of having construction sets when they have nothing to construct? What is the purpose of having race sets without fans to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

I have a theory... It is probably not correct, because it violates bishop's law (it requires a well thought-out plan for it to be correct) but here it is... Maybe they (TLG) design sets with no bricks (just specialty pieces) because "everyone (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) Ah, but we're playing with LEGO, aren't we? So the solution is to get a few packs of basic bricks and build your own buildings! You can use the 2000 construction vehicles to help you in your progress, if you want to. ;-) Fredrik (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3zowoggvf.fsf@....uio.no... (...) (URL) (...) But where are the car doors? I've been picking up as many 6431's as I can just for the doors. The return of car doors would go a (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ... (...) (URL) (...) No, the entire Town line, including the construction sets are still well below par. OK, let's see what do we got: Soccer sets: Recycled theme done much much better in the Shell promo version. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Simon Robinson wrote in message ...> (...) I am also unimpressed. But this is an annual ritual here on the newsgroups. The new catalog comes out, and almost everyone reflexively "oohs" and "ahhs" no matter what garbage is being served up. The 2000 (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 Town construction sets

(...) Their own Lego factory? Kya (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

Tony Kilaras wrote in message ... (...) I (...) "ahhs" (...) *LOL* Frankly, sets like 7181 and 7191 are a "disturbing trend" that I sincerely hope they continue. Of course, recognition of a higher age bracket for Lego builders, high generic piece (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)