 General / 7454
Re: MacDonalds????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:06:19 GMT

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:54:04 GMT, Rob Farver <rfarver@rcn.com> wrote:

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:19:25 GMT, "Greg Majewski" <citrusx__@yahoo.com> wrote:

Here is the McDonald's:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/mcd.jpg
My mom just walked in with the fall catalog, and I scanned it just now. It
doesn't look to be all that special, but at least it's not juniorized.

Not juniorized?!?!  That thing's smaller than a Photomat!  I bet there's
barely enough room for the minifig to turn around.  At least it comes with
a few nice McDonald's logo pieces so one could build a REAL McDonald's.

Why does small = juniorized?  LEGO has a long history of producing sets
which are just a part of a building, evoking the entire building in the
mind of the user.

If REAL = fully detailed, you're setting your expectations too high.  TLG
won't make those kind of sets very often.

In my mind, 'juniorized' means both made with just a few big parts, and
badly designed.

So, if you want to knock this set because it uses POOPs, go ahead.  But
don't knock it because it's small.

Steve