 General / 7395
Re: Mickey Dees (was Re: MacDonalds????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 22:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Here is the McDonald's:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/mcd.jpg
My mom just walked in with the fall catalog, and I scanned it just now. It
doesn't look to be all that special, but at least it's not juniorized.

Well, that *arch* is juniorized.

I guess the rest of the building is too, kind of, but the car is not. I guess
this is the closest to non-juniorization you can get now.
Funny, the order is two coffees, in a
container McD doesn't use. Hope they're not too hot. Red windows. Yawn. Too • bad
it wasn't a White Castle, then maybe the windows would be blue.

Or white.

~Greg
PS- There is nothing else really new in the catalog besides some Basic stuff
and Scala junk.

Scala is not junk. Just ask Taya, she'll tell you. It has more colors than any
other kind of Lego. And some neat parts.

I didn't mean it like that, I meant "junk" in general. I should have probably
said "besides some Basic and Scala stuff." Also, now that I got a chance to
look at the catalog more thoroughly, there is a new Mindstorms "No PC" kit
that is $159 (US), as well as a preview of the McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
They all have weird printed slopes, but almost all of them have good basic
pieces, most notably slopes, and in colors like pink(1) and green. Oh yeah,
the Big Honking Technic Space Shuttle is also still available, though in
limited quantities.

Thanks for the scan, Greg.

No problem
~Greg