 General / 713
Re: Lego vs. K-nex
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:32:44 GMT

Lee Jorgensen wrote in message <3652E5F8.91DDFD08@uswest.net>...
Surgical tubing might work as well.  Might be cheaper, however, a bit more
stretchy since it's more rubbery.  Technic pneumatic tubing is very similar to
this type of tubing, and might stretch too much.

Pneumatic tubing is probably more suitable to the task. My aquarium
tubing is too flimsy. Pneumatic tubing is much stiffer and can be
bought in colors and quantity for not too much money. It is generally made
of nylon to resist the oils used in some systems. The question is
where to get it?

Two major manufacturer of pneumatic controls are Festo and Aro (sp?). If
you look up in the commercial section of the Yellow pages or their web
sites you maight get a local distributor.

Hope this helps....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,