 General / 7116
Re: Holobrick vs Real McCoy (was Re: star destroyer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:55:56 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Sproaticus wrote:

John Neal wrote:
consider this:  Would it be less satisfying to play with Lego in the
Holodeck than in real life?  Is there something to actually possessing the material
brick?

Well, note that they also have replicators.  Although the capain might get
upset if he
finds out you used the raw material for the next five years worth of meals to
create a
jillion train doors/windows...

How is playing with Lego on the holodeck less real than playing with LDraw?
(1)  Arguably, holodeck Legos *might* "feel" real (2), but you couldn't take
them anywhere.  In order to show them off, you'd have to publish them
electronically.  Plus, the electronic toy is much, much less expensive than
the actual brick.

Remember, they don't have money in Trek future.  (I guess they're communists
or something.)

Yeah yeah, we would all be using the Lego holodeck as a waiting room, waiting for our turn
in the Porno holodeck........

I dunno...the way some people talk about the female minifigs, they might be
the same thing...

"Computer, load the 'Hot Date' program. Setting: 6067 Guarded Inn, Subject:
Forest Wench..."

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
LEGO Want List:      http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/wantlist.txt
LEGO Trade List:     http://www.io.com/~jeffj/LEGO/tradelist.txt
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m