 General / 6867
    new store —Jerry Tucker
   We are in the process of adding Lego to our product line for both instore and internet mail order. Our intent is offer 10% off regular retail pricing. We will both buy and sell Lego products, offering cash or credit for purchases. Our display will (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —John Neal
     Sounds like a great idea, Jerry. It would be even nicer if you cut to 20%, which would match any sale anywhere (excluding clearance of course). It would give a strong incentive for retail buyers to simply come to you first without having to wait to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: new store —Jerry Tucker
     A bit simplistic, in my case anyway. Let's suppose that discounts range more like 38% to 30% (the lesser is on the newest stuff and things like Star Wars where presumably they are paying Lucas some sort of fee). Add in about 5% shipping charge and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: new store —John DiRienzo
     Jerry Tucker wrote in message ... (...) more (...) Wars (...) throw (...) becomes (...) but (...) I don't think any stores have a continuous markdown of 20%, but thats not what he is getting at (I think). Wal-mart seems to always be a good 10-15% (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —Scott Edward Sanburn
   Jerry, I guess this message might need to go to lugnet.buy-sell-trade. instead, but oh well. If you offer a online ordering (Something TLG has forfeited as far as I am concerned! (Outside of Mindstorms))) plus the 10% discount off retail, I would (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —Jonathan Wilson
      (...) I notice that there is very little online/mail order service in europe, especially on the continent. This is probobly because TLG in europe relies so heavialy on the small toy store that an online store (I am thinking along the lines of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: new store —Jerry Tucker
     In Europe, I think that the retail culture is different from North America and that explains a lot right there. I also think that Europe is not as 'wired' as we are. There might be some reasons for that, first, N.A. are just plain gadget happy and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: new store —Anders Isaksson
     Jerry Tucker skrev i meddelandet ... (...) and (...) as (...) to (...) Well, it sounds reasonable, but I doubt it's the truth! Concerning the 'wiredness', I think Finland and Sweden are among the top 10 in the world. It's more a case of shopping (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: new store —Mike Walsh
      Anders Isaksson wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ...] (...) that (...) we (...) This is very interesting as I am in Sweden right now and we had this very conversation (among myself, two of my American co-workers and three of my Swedish (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —Jerry Tucker
   As suggested, I have initiated further discussion on this topic to lugnet.buy-sell-trade. Thanks for the comments to date. As you will see on Lugnet.buy-sell-trade I have incorporated some of the comments made here in lugnet.general. Thank you all (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: new store —Todd Lehman
   (...) Jerry, If you're initiating further discussion on this topic in a .market.* group, then .market.buy-sell-trade isn't probably the right place. The right place would probably be .market.shopping if this about setting up an online store and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

        Bulk Lego —Earle Bishop
   Some auctions on Ebay: (URL) have LEGO bricks of every color and '1x' size available for use, although not much green is left. I have over 100,000 bricks slotted for sale! If interested, you'll need to send mail to: earle@edgemail.com A full on-line (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)